I completed one week of working from home. While it is quite lonely, I am much more productive without the distractions that are in the workplace. I have been able to get out a little bit. Went to Meijer and Target both last week. Rode the cute scooter carts for the first time. It was fun. It is very eye opening being limited in my mobility. I have a new heart and appreciation for those who are disabled and have to live their lives in this manner. You realize how often you are looking, judging and analyzing others situations. You really have no clue what is going on in their lives.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to the Notre Dame basketball game. I, of course, was in a wheelchair. It was really not that bad. I had a moment in the elevator when an older gentleman made a comment to me about walking up the stairs. While I feel like he was trying to be funny, it really made me think. I luckily do not have to live each day in a wheel chair. I am fortunate that my legs still work. Others are not. This man's comment was hurtful to me, let alone someone else. It really makes you think of times you might have starred at someone or were quick to judge them and their conditions. It really is eye opening to me.
Another things I noticed today was when I went to church. It was hard to sit down during all of the praise and worship. But God is not picky...you don't have to stand to worship him. But it again made me think back to when I saw others sitting during these times. Wondering why they were sitting. It is really any of my business? Did they have a lot going on in their lives that maybe I should be praying for them, rather than judging them.
Thank you God for this opportunity to see the world in a different light. It is very eye opening.
No comments:
Post a Comment