Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Patience is a Virtue

The final stages of pregnancy are tough for many reasons.  You have signs that things are coming, but not sure which are worthwhile and which are just teasers.  Had my weekly check up yesterday and the baby has not made much progress on it's big entrance into the world.  I am still 2 cm dilated, 60% effaced and at 0 station.  So a little progress, just not on the dilation part.  It is frustrating.  I am trying not to be selfish and let the baby continue to develop as needed.  But I am also anxious to meet the little one.

It has been really warm here lately, in the low 90s with lots of humidity.  Not very much fun for a pregnant girl.  We got to spend some time with friends this weekend.  Pat and Josh, of course, were fishing.  Jackie and I just watch and laugh.  They are a little too into the whole thing.  But I would rather have that then him be out at the bars all of the time:).  I avoided the sun most of the weekend, which is not like me.  I either stayed inside or in the shade.  This baby is heavy and it is hot.  Does not make for a good combo.

Jackie and I are going to write a book on "The Things People Say".  I am amazed at the comments people have made to me...complete strangers.  I had some good ones over the weekend.  One man turned around and just shouted "WOW, when is that baby coming?"  That made me feel really small.  Another lady (stranger again) told my mom I was going to have the baby right away, the next day to be specific and it would be a boy.  I guess she was not psychic, she was wrong.

So the induction day has been set for July 19.  If this little one does not show up before!  At least an end in site.  12 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment